1. The trick isn't a trick - be useful, or be helpful or fun. These tools are incredibly powerful, but they are not another way to shout at peopleMay you negotiate peacefully the intricacies of being online!
2. Listen and respond
3. Be honest and be human
4. When dealing with a crisis: listen to what is being said collectively, formalise that into a list of questions and answers, put it online and point people to it
5. Empower individuals to be individuals within the umbrella of your brand/organisation
6. Try to create a safe space for people to learn that behaviour, an internal wiki or something similar
7. Support people and review your policies regularly
8. Talk to people they will help you
9. Never drink and tweet!
10. Don't be scared
Tuesday, 27 July 2010
Top tips for engaging online communities
From the Press Association PR & Communications Newlsetter today: